«Edelweiss Art Association»
Edelweiss is a peculiar choreographic school with its educational, performing, teaching and choreographic traditions. Currently, the ensemble has three concert programs.
Edelweiss is a country of dance, harmony, as well as happiness, love and positive emotions. Learning the art of dance, children acquire skills of being kind, responsive, hard-working, disciplined, and responsible people. Indeed, the Edelweiss’ participants are humans with the beautiful soul and personality. For more than 25 years of its existence, “Edelweiss” has become a big family; and every year in this family come more and more children – “Edelweisses”.
During the years of its existence, the popular ensemble of modern dance “Edelweiss” has won numerous festivals and contests, in particular:
– Superfinalist of the contest “The Morning Star” (1992 – 1993, 1996, Moscow);
– participant of the international gala concert of the festival “Slavic Bazaar – 95” (Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus);
– Laureate of the Open Ukrainian Popularity Rating “The Wheel of Fortune-97” (ensemble of the year of Ukraine);
– laureate of the international festival-competition “Hope of Europe-99” (Sochi);
– holder of the diploma of the 1st degree of the All-Ukrainian review of folk art;
– winner (Grand Prix) of the international festival-competition “Earth under the white wings – 2000” (Republic of Belarus);
– champion of “Premier League-2001”;
– participant of 4 charity cruises “Under Sails of Hope and Good”;
– the best choreographic team of the city of Rivne (2005, 2006, 2007);
– winner of the All-Ukrainian Festival of Modern Choreography “Chervona Kalina, 2006” in Ternopil;
– participant of creative reports of Rivne region in Kyiv in 2001, 2005, 2009;
– holder of the 1st place at the All-Ukrainian festival of contemporary choreography “Rhythms of Time 2006” (Lviv);
– awarded with the honorary distinction of the International Academic Rating of Popularity of 2006 “Golden Fortune”;
– winner of the open championship of Chernihiv, 2010 “New Generation”;
– winner of the festival “Mystery of Dance” (Lviv, 2010);
– winner of the festival “Another dimension – 2011” (Lutsk);
– the winner of the Grand Prix of the All-Ukrainian competition “Zorepad” (Kiev, 2011);
– laureate of the international festival “Slavic crown 2011” (Kranevo, Bulgaria);
– winner of the festival “Rhythms of the Future” – 2011 (Kiev);
– the winner of the Grand Prix of the XVIII Television Project “Spring Swallows”, the Dance Competition “Federation of Health and Cultural Programs. 2012;
– Winner of the IIX International Television Arts Contest “Marine Sink 2012” Bulgaria, Sozopol;
– winner of the 2nd Ukrainian Television Choreographic Competition “Rhythms of the Future” 2012 (Kyiv);
– the winner of the prestigious award “Pride of the City 2012” in the nomination “The best collective of culture and art”;
– The 1st place of the All-Ukrainian festival “Lviv Rhapsody” 2013 Lviv.
– The 1st place of the XX International Television Festival-Festival “Spring Swallows” in Kyiv.
– Grand Prix of the All-Ukrainian Television Festival “Lviv Fortune”, Lviv. (2013)
– I place of the All-Ukrainian Art Festival “Sources of Morshina” in Morshyn.
– Head of the contemporary dance ensemble “The Constellation of Edelweiss” Olena Prysyazhnenko – holder of prestigious title Honored Worker of Culture of Ukraine (2013);
– The head of the exemplary amateur ensemble of modern dance “Edelweiss” Valeria Suponkina-Laghnyuk is the holder of the honorary award of the Cabinet of Ministers for the special achievements of young people in the development of Ukraine in the nomination “For creative achievements” (2013);
– the winner of the city rating “Pride of the city-2013” in the nomination “TRIUMF” (Grand-project of the “Edelweiss” “Dancing BUM”, the head of Olena Prysyazhnenko).
– The winner of the All-Ukrainian festival-competition “Golden cross-section of Lviv-2014”
– 2014 Celebration is the 25th anniversary of the creation of the collective
– 2015 – “The Edelweiss Art Association” organizes charitable GRAND PROJECT “Dance BUM. There will be Peace in Ukraine”. The participants of the project are known people of Rivne.
– 2015 Head of the Art Association “Edelweiss” – Suponkina Lyudmila Petrovna has received the honorary title “For Merits to the City” of the third degree.
– 2015 – “Edelweiss Art Association” takes an active part in the project “Rivne. Summer. Music”
– The 1st place of the All-Ukrainian festival-competition “Lviv Rhapsody” 2015 Lviv
(The Constellation of Edelweiss, Edelweiss, and Edelweissyki in different age categories)
-2016 poetry-choreographic play “Dollar”
-2016 І-ІІ place Stanislaviv dance festival in Ivano-Frankivsk
-2016 Grand Prix of the Silesian Dance Festival International Festival of Choreographic Arts in Yelena Gora, Poland
Lyudmyla Petrivna Suponkina is the founder and changeless leader of the dancing ensemble. Being a talented choreographer, wise leader and, simultaneously, having a teacher’s gift, she could unite and take under her wing a huge number of capable children; train and educate professional teachers, and instil the love for the choreographic art to both participants’ parents and audience. Lyudmila Petrivna is the heart and soul of the entire collective. Thanks to her, “Edelweiss” is a fashion trendsetter in the modern choreography of Ukraine and Rivne region, in particular.
For more than 20 years, a talented choreographer with her own artistic vision creates unforgettable choreographic compositions that do not allow any spectator to be indifferent. Olena Sergiivna manages to act as a demanding guide, sensitive tutor and sincere devotee of everyday work with her pupils. Thanks to this, “Edelweiss” achieves its goals. Moreover, each child develops harmoniously both personally, spiritually and physically.
Olena Viktorivna has been working as a coach since 1997. Nowadays, more than several dozens of children, taught by her, successfully participated or go on doing it in the ensemble of contemporary dance “The Constellation of Edelweiss”. Moreover, some of them became teachers, as well. Olena Viktorivna is excited to work with children of diverse age groups and can easily capture their attention by showing an incredible world of dance. Olena Gopanchuk graduated from the Institute of Arts RDGU in the specialty of “Choreographer, teacher of professional disciplines”. As a member of the ensemble and a leader, she has participated in various festivals and competitions over the past 15 years, where “Edelweiss” has repeatedly won. Beyond any doubts, Olena Viktorivna is a benevolent, gentle, and open-hearted person.
He has taught in the ensemble since 1999. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Taras Laghnyuk is a beloved pedagogue by all male pupils and, of course, girls! By education, Taras Vasylovych is a choreographer, teacher of professional disciplines, and director of a drama theatre. Humorous, persistent and purposeful. He still goes on participating in all artistic events of the Rivne region as a solo dancer of the ensemble of contemporary dance “The Constellation of Edelweiss”. As a member of the ensemble, as well as its leader, Taras takes part in diverse festivals and contests where “Edelweiss” has repeatedly won. He is the author of idea and leader of the ART Soul Rivne Festival. The Performer of the main role in the poetic-choreographic performance “The Puppeteer”. Taras Vasylovych has repeatedly arranged numerous trips with his pupils. When you have difficult times – he will help; feel alone – he will support an exciting conversation; be sure to have been listened to and receive valuable advice. Ultimately, Taras Laghnyuk is an incredible optimist and cheerful person.
As a member of the team and as a leader, I participated in festivals and contests since the foundation of the ensemble, where Edelweiss repeatedly won. The editor of the TV contest “Premier League”, as well as conducting ensemble concerts. Graduated from Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts, specializing in ballet master of modern choreography, artist, teacher of professional disciplines. Since 2000 he has been teaching at the ensemble. He is fond of writing poetry, literature, sewing and embroidery. Loves theatrical art, literature, travel.
Scholarship of City Mayor of Rivne, 2009, laureate of many national and international competitions. For the fourth year she teaches in the “Edelweiss” School of Dance Art. She easily copes with the smallest pupils (three, four years old.) Children love her, adults are respected Hobbies: modern and classical literature, sewing, likes to cook for relatives and friends, Spend time in the company of their friends and loving family.
In the ensemble “Edelweiss” since 1992. Purposeful, responsible and just. Everyone’s heart gives children love for dance. Says: “The years of my becoming were unforgettable, bright and in the presence of incredible people. I love open, creative and sincere people. Step to stage is a step in another life. It’s an opportunity to be different without borders and borders. “
In Edelweiss Ensemble since 1991. Together with “Edelweiss” conquered “Morning Star” in Moscow. All these years were walking side by side with the ensemble, falling more and more in “his majesty-dance”. Purposeful, energetic, demanding, fair, responsible. At the same time, sensual, tender, sensitive. “Dance is life – my life”. The scene is a test, a victory over oneself, and every time a “new” one. Appreciate every moment of life, live, enjoy it …
Scholarship of the City of Rivne, 2006. In the ensemble Edelweiss since 1997. Having received a pedagogical education at the Rivne State Humanitarian University, with inspiration and enthusiasm engaged in the youngest children of the collective. She believes that choreography is able to cultivate not only a beautiful body but also a strong and extraordinary personality. The main trait of character: purposefulness. The friends most appreciate the ability to rejoice at the success of my neighbor! Young, promising, ambitious.
In 1997, she led her daughter to the City Palace of Culture to learn to dance and since then has become an integral part of the ensemble. “Our Edelweiss Couturier” – so its leaders and members of the ensemble called it. For many years, Irina Vasilivna creates costumes for Edelweiss pupils. Has a good taste and is able to make “something grand” from “nothing”. Dance costumes created by her, like children and demanding audience. The most important thing for Irina Vasilievna is a family, so all her free time is devoted to her. He also loves to travel and relax in nature.
Oleksandra has been a participant of the ensemble “Edelweiss” since 1997. Being a solo dancer in the ensemble of contemporary dance “The Constellation of Edelweiss”, she has been an ornament of dances in Edelweiss’ performances for many years.
She has been a participant of the ensemble since she was 5. Currently, Oleksandra is studying in Warsaw at the University of Lazarski, the Faculty of Business and Economics. However, she still continues taking an active part in the life of The Edelweiss Art Association.